My Web of Trust

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Water Therapy

Recently, I have been ill and tried out some water therapy which seems to have helped. So now I think I will share some things that worked to help me endure an acute attack of nausea. Please, check with your doctor first in case you have a condition that might contraindicate this therapeutic treatment.

1. I made a deep warm bath and dropped in about 15 to 20 drops of peppermint essential oil.
2. I put an ice pack on the nape of my neck right at base of my skull.
3. I put another ice pack over my solar plexus in the center of my chest right below the ribs and over the top of my
abdominal cavity (just under the xiphoid process).
4. I relaxed back in the tub and allowed the ice to sit on their respective positions for 15 to 20 minutes.

Then, I removed the ice, relaxed my head back and did some small slow circular motions in a clockwise direction making small gentle circles into the soft tissue under my rib cage moving under the left ribs with my right finger tips and along the right side of the abdomen under the ribs with my left hand. Be gentle and slow. Breathe slowly and deeply too.

When you are finished with your treatment relax in bed with some Chamomile tea to slowly sip as your appetite returns.

Try this the next time you feel nauseous and let me know what results you have.

Namaste

No comments:

Massage By Millie

...an Art Riggs demonstration:

Arvigo Massage

Massage and Weight Loss

Watch what your nails can say about your health:

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Massage IPSB style

Associations

Associations
abmp

Subscribe To My Podcast

Alterative Medicine Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

SezWho

Share/Save/Bookmark
Add to Technorati Favorites

You deserve a massage

Feed the Fish