My Web of Trust

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Overcoming Chronic Illness: Take the Time to Pamper Yourself

Visit a wonderful site: "Overcoming Chronic Illness" Here is an article published on that site, posted by EV Satie at 10:48 AM Saturday, December 6, 2008:

Take the Time to Pamper Yourself
I know that it's been a while since my last post, but that's due to the fact that I have had many doctors appointments and many things to evaluate and consider. I am being faced with task of deciding whether or not I will have a defibrillator implanted in my chest as a precaution against sudden death. Supposedly when you have Cardiomyopathy, there is a much greater risk of dying- the problem is that none of the doctors can give me a straight forward answer as to how much higher my chances are. It makes a big difference if you ask me!
I could get into the details of all of this fun stuff, but I have decided to blog about something else entirely: pampering yourself. I was given a wonderful gift certificate for a massage for my birthday in October, and I finally made the appointment and spent the afternoon indulging in the spa experience. I used the facilities, drank the cucumber water, was treated to a special birthday bath, and then I had a wonderful massage by a very gifted masseuse. The reason that I am telling you all of this is because I feel that we all need to practice self-love and self-care regularly. Unfortunately, if you are like me, you tend to put off taking care of yourself until you think you will have the time. Or until you get all of the items on your to do list checked off. At the rate I have been going it's no wonder I don't get around to taking care of myself like this too often.
Having a massage reminded me of how much we all need to pamper ourselves. It doesn't have to be a big event- you can light a candle and sit and relax, take a long bath, go for a gentle stroll, or buy yourself some flowers. Do something enjoyable and self-loving every day-especially if you have been ill. Life is too short to keep pushing yourself and never taking the time to stop and recharge your batteries. I realize that it's a busy and hectic world we live in, but in order to thrive I believe that self-care has to be on the top of our list. If we don't make ourselves a priority then who will? I am making a promise to myself to do something that brings me joy, makes me laugh, or let's me relax everyday- can you do the same for yourself? You will be glad that you did!

No comments:

Massage By Millie

...an Art Riggs demonstration:

Arvigo Massage

Massage and Weight Loss

Watch what your nails can say about your health:

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Massage IPSB style

Associations

Associations
abmp

Subscribe To My Podcast

Alterative Medicine Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

SezWho

Share/Save/Bookmark
Add to Technorati Favorites

You deserve a massage

Feed the Fish